Welcome to Geopark Indalsälven!
Here you can see and experience....
What is a geopark?
"A geopark is a place where the landscape with its outstanding geological heritage is used to support sustainable development, through conservation, education, interpretation, and nature-based tourism."Geological Survey of Sweden, SGU
Why we have a geopark in Ragunda
A geopark shall...
- teach geology and the long history of Earth,
- show in what way geology provides for all existence,
- contribute to the sustainable development of tourism,
- stimulate wonder, awe and respect for the long history of Earth,
- make us realise that our planet is not just a resource, in existence only to provide for us – after all Earth is the only planet we have, and
- provide a meeting point, for people meeting people, not only historic figures but also those living here in our days.
This is why we have a geopark in Ragunda Municipality.
In 2022 SGU designated Geopark Indalsälven a Swedish geopark, the second geopark in the country.